1. Deep Conditioning
Apply argan oil from the roots to the tip of your hair and massage into the scalp thoroughly then cover with a disposable cap.
Wrap a hot towel around your head for 30 – 45 mins or overnight if desired. A hair steamer can also be used. Afterwards, wash your hair and style as usual – moisture.
2. For Shiny Hair
Sprinkle a few drops of argan oil on your hairbrush before detangling gently. This will promote instant shine and lustre.
3. Styling Oil
Apply 3 to 4 drops of argan oil to wet hair before styling. Helps protect hair from split ends and keeps frizz in check.
4. Deep Conditioning Mix
Mix 5 drops of argan oil in with your favorite deep conditioner, apply generously to hair and sit under a hair steamer for 20 – 30 minutes – intense moisturization.
5. Treating Coloured Hair
If you color your hair, this is a fantastic oil to get the moisture back into your hair. Method 1 above is especially good for colored hair.
Argan oil can be mixed with other oils but the most complementary oils are sweet almond oil and rosehip seed oil.
Which Argan Oil to Buy?
There are many brands of argan oil on the market and it’s easy to end up with the wrong brand
- Elm & Sana 100% Pure Moroccan Argan Oil
- Pura D’or Moroccan Argan Oil
- Eve Hansen 100% Pure Argan Oil
- Poppy Austin Pure Argan Oil
Fast Facts About Argan Oil
- Argan oil is best for medium to thick hair.
- Argan oil can also be used on the face as an anti-ageing treatment.
Argan Oil Products You May Like
- Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter
- Crabtree Evelyn Pomegranate Argan Oil Body Lotion
- CHI Argan Oil Plus Moringa Oil Conditioner
- CHI Argan Oil Plus Moringa Oil Shampoo
Have you tried argan oil on your hair yet? Share your experience in the comments section.
For more information about natural oils for hair, health, and beauty, special offers and discounts on the Healthy Hair Care series, sign up for the newsletter below.