1. A curling wand guaranteed to give you blowout-status waves at a fraction of the price…and in your own home. This is what beauty on a budget looks like, and I LOVE IT.
It has over 1,600 positive reviews on Amazon!
Promising review: “This just might be my favorite of the six curling wands I own. What I love about this one is that it makes natural-like curls. Natural curly hair isn’t perfect and uniform and this gives that spiral natural yet beachy curly girl look. It heats up fast and is easy to wind your hair around. I hold my medium textured long hair on the wand for a total count of seven seconds and release. Hold the blue handle in the up position and just wrap your one to two inch section of hair around it.” —Karli E.
Get it from Amazon for $23.40.
2. A Glossier Milky Jelly cleanser you can use on dry skin as a makeup remover, or on wet skin as a hydrating face wash. Either way, sorry to your other skincare products that’ll never see the light of day after you bring this baby home.
It has over 2,700 reviews and a 4.3-star rating on Glossier!
Promising review: “Love this stuff so much! Since I have sensitive skin, it’s always been hard for me to find a good cleanser. But this stuff is awesome. It’s so gentle and feels so nice when you massage it into your skin. Its texture is amazing and better than any other gel cleanser I’ve tried. I can tell that my skin has improved after using this stuff. A bonus is the subtle rose smell, which is thankfully not from any artificial fragrance. This cleanser is perfect for sensitive skin.” —glitter
Get it from Glossier for $9+ (available in two sizes).
3. A silicone face mask “brush” to make application incredibly ~smooth~ (just like your radiant skin) and mess-free. It’s actually just one soft, flexible piece of silicone — meaning you’ll waste significantly less of your mask.
It has 2,500+ positive reviews on Amazon!
Promising review: “I’m an esthetician and have never used a brush like this but decided to try it out. I was a bit skeptical about how it would feel since it is one piece (silicone) instead of bristles. My mask went on perfect and smooth and I didn’t have to waste any of the mask either. PLUS! You won’t have to worry about a bunch of mask getting stuck in your bristles, definitely purchasing more for my new job!” —Tamar Yacoubian
Get a set of two from Amazon for $4.50.
4. And! A detoxifying clay mask that foams up for possibly the most hilariously satisfying spa session. It’ll help reduce the appearance of blackheads *and* give ya a good laugh. What more could you want from a mask?!
It has 4,600+ positive reviews on Amazon! And, this mask works best when applied with an applicator (perhaps the silicone mask brush from above?!) as water, oil, and air can begin the foaming process and ruin the mask.
Promising review: “Literally made my boyfriend’s blackheads disappear! Made our faces feel so clean. I’m a mask junkie and have gotten masks from all the top brands both drugstore, Lush, and Sephora or Ulta. This is one of my new favorites! Also so much fun to watch it bubbles up, feels like a spa treatment.” —Katie Mitchell
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
5. A cult-favorite mascara to add volume and length to your lashes with a few flicks of the wrist, making those minimal makeup days even easier.
It has 2,900+ positive reviews on Amazon!
Promising review: I absolutely LOVE this mascara. I have very sensitive eyes and am highly devoted to my trusted brands. When a friend suggested this mascara I was curious, as she loved it. For the price point and how good it looked on her eyes, I thought why not. Holy moly. I’m in love. It makes my lashes longer, — looks like I’m natural but better — and has a thinner formula so it looks like I have a billion gorgeous lashes, and looks the same all day long. I cannot recommend this enough. It doesn’t rub during the day and give me that black-eye look. It’s wonderful. Must buy. —Katherine Ochsman
Get it from Amazon for $11.
6. A super creamy concealer that comes in 30 shades so you can find the perfect one to complement your skin. It provides medium-to-full coverage and will keep you looking wide awake all day long.
Promising review: “I have struggled for years with concealer and have a love/hate relationship with them. I love what they can accomplish when you have the right product and the right skills. Until now I had not managed to get either. This actually works beautifully, even in my unskilled hands. It’s easy to apply and more importantly a breeze to blend. It does not crease like so many concealers do on over-40 skin, and it hides the bluish tint under and around my eyes perfectly. Took a solid five years off my eyes!” —douglas119
Get it from Sephora for $13+ (available in two sizes and 30 shades).
7. An Amazonian clay foundation (with SPF 15!) for balancing complexion and creating a flawless matte finish that won’t cake or crease.
Promising review: “This long-lasting foundation is my go-to, whether it be going to work or a night out. I absolutely love the coverage it provides. I have an oily forehead but drier skin otherwise and it provides a full, matte finish to my face without cracking/creasing or coming off. Can’t see myself switching to another product for a while.” —Jenny
Get it from Tarte for $39 (available in 40 shades).
8. A deep conditioning mask that’ll revive dry hair with its argan oil, collagen, B vitamin, and rosehip oil formula. It’s like a hydrating drink of water but for your head. *Ahhh.*
Promising review: “This product changed my hair routine! It’s an absolute must for me! My hair is coarse / thick and by the end of the week the ends get brittle and dry. I use this in the shower every Sunday and it adds moisture, softness, and shine back into my locks. It’s totally changed the way my hair feels throughout the week! LOVEEEE!” —Caybabe
Get it from Sephora for $36.
9. A no-yellow shampoo to tone down unwanted yellow hues in blonde hair so your mane keeps the vibrant, natural color from your last salon visit — you know, which means less pricey touchups!
It has over 5,800 positive reviews on Amazon!
Promising review: “I’m not one to leave reviews, but this product deserves it! Holy cow! I was going to go into the salon to brighten my hair up, but after discovering this product I cancelled my appointment. I’m totally in love! This shampoo is not drying at all and just after two washes I achieved my desired results! I can’t recommend it enough! Photo (from right to left): Before using Fanola, one wash, then two washes. Love, love, LOVE!!” —Rachael
Get it from Amazon for $12.59.
And read our full write-up on this miracle Fanola shampoo!
10. A pack of pimple patches for when you feel a zit (or ZITS) comin’ on. Just apply over the bump and the patch will draw out sebum and reduce irritation like some type of skin sorcery. I mean, just look at these results. LOOK AT THEM!
It has over 4,700 positive reviews on Amazon!
Promising review: “Last night, I put these on a few acne problems (a small cyst, a whitehead, and a pimple). I just woke up and am writing this review in disbelief. THEY’RE FLAT! Gone! All of them! I could cry I’m so happy. The packaging is ideal because you can easily peel the stickers off without stretching them out or folding them back onto themselves. Do yourself and your complexion a huge favor! Have these on hand for a stubborn zit when you really need help. Make sure you apply them to completely clean and dry skin.” —Caitlyn
Get a variety pack (40 different size patches) from Amazon for $8.50.
11. A pair of tweezers with suuuuuper pointy tips that can do it all: Remove blackheads, ingrown hairs, splinters, teeny hairs, ticks, and whatever else your skin could possibly throw at you.
It has 2,700+ positive reviews on Amazon!
Promising review: “I have all three tweezers and they by far are THE BEST TWEEZERS I HAVE EVER PURCHASED. From removing hair and blackheads, these tweezers definitely do the job. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone being that they have excellent grip on them as well. I have also found them very helpful in removing splinters and ticks as well. You will not go wrong making this purchase of well put together tweezers.” —Larissa Wright
Get it from Amazon for $9.97.
12. An all-natural de-frizzing set that comes with a smoothie cream, shampoo, and conditioner for thick and curly hair that’ll reduce breakage and hydrate so your curls can live their best dang life, just like they should!
It has over 1,500 positive reviews on Amazon!
Promising review: “This is some awesome stuff! I have been using it on my hair for months, and it’s helped bring back and maintain moisture, as well as help to restore my natural curls! I decided to stop using texturizers on my short hair, and the Shea Moisture line is helping to restore and maintain my natural curl patterns! It allows me greater ease in detangling, wet and dry!
Get the three-piece set from Amazon for $29.49.